YMCA Strong Kids Virtual Run
Thanks for joining us May 30th ‚Äď May 31st 2020!
Top 3 Participants in each Distance will receive a Strong Kids Run Medal
All Participants will receive a YMCA Towel or Laces
There are no fees for this event and you do not need to pre-register. Donations are welcome. If you are interested in supporting this event and our YMCA with a donation, see below.¬†
Our Virtual Run and How it Works
- Open to everyone
- Run/walk your own course. You can run 5k, 10k, 15k, 20k, or 1k as you would at our Strong Kids Run.
- You have 2 days to complete your chosen event.
- The distance must be completed in 1 attempt. Meaning you can‚Äôt break down 20 km into 10 km Saturday and 10 km Sunday.
- Your distance can be measured using Google Maps, a Personal Fitness Tracker like a Fit Bit or Apps such as Map My Run, Just Move, Strava and Run keeper.¬†
- You can run a route, your driveway, living room or yard. The main idea is to have fun!
- Post a photo, video or your route to one of the social media formats below please include your time and distance (see sample pictures below) :
Instagram:¬† mention @ymca_strong_kids_run or use the hashtag #ymcastrongkidsVRrun
Facebook:¬† use the @ symbol and mention or tag YMCA of Brandon
Email your picture to email@example.com
- Challenge a friend or business and run our Strong Kids Virtual Run
Be safe! Follow social distancing guidelines in your community, be mindful of traffic and wear appropriate gear.¬†
2021 Strong Kids Run
Please pre-register. Register online or in person at the YMCA.¬†
*For any registration questions please contact Steven at firstname.lastname@example.org
Major sponsors of the event:¬†
- Apex Facility Services
- Canada Run Club
8:00 am for all distances except the 1 km Fun Run/Walk¬†which begins at 10:30 am.¬†¬†
Volunteers are needed for this year’s event. We are looking for people to help with:
- Event Set Up
- Water Stations
- Route Marshalling
- Traffic Control
Please contact Steven at the YMCA if you are able to help out. ¬†
email@example.com, or 204-727-5456, ext 116
We ask all participants to gather pledges for the event. Pledges are now done online which makes the Pledging Process a lot easier and more secure. Gone are the days of knocking on doors and collecting money. It is now done with the simple click of a button. Please be aware that all money raised will go towards our Strong Kids Campaign.
All participants who raise $50.00 or more will be entered into our Pledge Draw for the opportunity to win some great prizes.
Strong Kids Run¬†Race Results
For race results please visit¬†www.resultscanada.com and click on the link